VETERANS CRISIS HOTLINE CALL 888-977-6133
FREE MEAL PROGRAM
65+ TO QUALIFY
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIF. ONLY
We Specialize in Helping
Veterans with Disability Compensation,
Mentorship and Counseling
We Are Here To Help You!
Contact us for assistance in helping all veterans with disability and compensation benefits, processing and services to veterans and all families in need!
Excellent Article on VA Benefits
8 Ways To Improve Your VA Disability Claim
SEP 4, 2014 5:00 AM EDT
Click link but here are the highlights:
1. The veteran has to "see the solution." The VA may be the problem, but Congress isn't the solution. The VA isn't the solution. You are the solution.
2. Get your VA C-file. The C-file is the most important document in your entire VA disability claim. Often times, the reason that the VA is denying your disability claim is in your C-file. The only thing that I was missing from my C-file was my . Find more information on collecting your C-file here.
3. Learn the law. You don't need to become a lawyer, but you do need to understand some of the basic laws of a VA disability claim or appeal.
4. Build the four pillars. Four pillars need to be built in nearly every VA disability claim for service connection.These are: eligibility, service connection, impairment rating, and effective date. The most important pillar is service connection.
5. Use five-star evidence. Next to not getting a C-file, using bad evidence or the wrong evidence is the single worst thing you can do in your VA disability claim.
6. Choose the battlefield. Many veterans think of the VA claims process as a "hamster wheel" --- an endless circle of claims, denials, and remands that never really gets them anywhere.
7. Get help. Not everyone likes to change their own oil. And for some folks, removing and cleaning the carburetor on a motorcycle is an impossible task.
8. Protect your survivors and dependents.
The sooner you start using these steps, the sooner you can change the way you experience the VA claims process.
Veterans Disability Benefits provides guidance and mentorship including VA claims advice and education. We guarantee no VA (C&P) compensation increase and take no funds from the veterans without a successful C&P adjustment. All services we provide are free to the veteran and VDB will only take fees assessed for medical exams and nexus letters. If the veteran does receive a favorable increase, we will, by contract, be paid a services fee, negotiable up to 6x the monthly increase at a maximum of $7500 per veteran.